Adraki lamb chops with spiced potato mashPosted by Matt SamyciaWood on Tuesday, January 5th, 2010
Tags for this Article: lamb chops
This was really great. The lamb was cooked in the oven, just a little more than medium rare. The chops were organic with a good amount of wholesome fat on them. Also now that I have found a lactose free yogurt I could also enjoy this within the recipe as well.
45 minutes to make, plus overnight marinating
- 8 best-end trimmed lamb chops
- For the marinade
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp each turmeric and garam masala
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 green chilli , finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- For the mash
- 600g maris piper potatoes, quartered
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
Method: How to make adraki lamb chops with mash
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the lamb chops on a rack over a roasting tin. Cook for 20 minutes for medium, then rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain, mash and set aside. Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the mustard seeds, garlic and tomato. Cook for about 1 minute. Fold into the potato with the cream and coriander. Season.
4. Serve the lamb chops with the mash and some mint raita on the side.
30g fat (9.6 saturated)
The recipe is from the Channel 4 website.