Best Banana Bread EverPosted by Sharlene on Thursday, June 24th, 2010
Tags for this Article: banana bread, recipe
Now before you angrily threaten me with a wooden spoon (after all, your banana bread is the best), give this recipe a try. One really can’t go wrong with bananas, chocolate chips, and walnuts. But if you insist that your version is still better, please do share!
1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together several times. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs and add to butter mixture. Mix in bananas.
- Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for ~55 minutes.
- Remove from oven when a toothpick comes clean.
Best eaten warm, whilst one is wearing fuzzy slippers.