Kevin’s Northern Thai CurryPosted by Kevin Broome on Monday, September 26th, 2005
Tags for this Article: curry, lemongrass, recipe, thai
1.5 tbsp dark miso paste
1.5 tbsp curry powder
1 can coconut milk
1 clove garlic
Piece of ginger (twice as much as the garlic)
1-2 dried chillies
1.5 tbsp lemongrass
.5 tbsp sesame oil
Juice of half a lime
2 tbsp fish sauce
CONTENTS: (YOUR CALL REALLY)
Chinese Chicken stock
Chopped fresh basil
1. Combine curry sauce ingredients in sauce pan and bring to simmer.
2. Combine curry paste ingredients in mortar and mash with pestle.
3. Put oil in large frying pan. Add the paste. Cook for 3 minutes until soft.
4. Add onions followed by other vegetables. Cook as though it were a stir fry.
5. Transfer vegetables into large pot. Add the chicken stock and curry sauce.
6 Let ‘er stew. Mix in fresh basil just before serving.